Apple cider

Pass the Talking Stick and express yourself. Share thoughts, experiences, stories, songs, dreams, art. Discuss medical, political, scientific and other important issues.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hyldemors Have
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Apple cider

Postby Hyldemors Have » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:55 am

Hi,

We have made a lot of apple "juice", and now I would lige to make cider.
How do I do that?

Best wishes
Maria

crowsdaughter

Re: Apple cider

Postby crowsdaughter » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:13 pm

If you mean you have pressed apple to make juice, then that is cider....peace, Julie

Hyldemors Have

Postby Hyldemors Have » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:50 am

He he, sorry language difficulties :-)
I mean when it turn it to alcohol?

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:44 pm

I have always found that cider will turn to hard cider (i.e. alcoholic cider) on its own, if you leave it. As long as it doesn't have preservatives in it and hasn't been pasteurised. Try leaving it in a jug with some headspace, and taste it after a week or so.

Hyldemors Have

Postby Hyldemors Have » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:39 am

OK, I'll try that...

Bood1996

Postby Bood1996 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:16 am

Here is the recipe:
1. Place apples in a large stockpot and add enough water cover by at least 2 inches. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 1 hour. Cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Strain apple mixture though a fine mesh sieve. Discard solids. Drain cider again though a cheesecloth lined sieve. Refrigerate until cold.

Return to “The Talking Stick”