Has anyone ever heard of hedge riding?

Adoring the goddess in her many forms as well as crystals, spells, sacred tools, shamanism and sacred sex.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lavender_Rose
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Has anyone ever heard of hedge riding?

Postby Lavender_Rose » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:56 pm

I saw a book on hedge riding a few days ago. I have never heard of this before and was wondering if anyone has. If you have can you please tell me a little about it.

Melissa Doordaughter

Re: Has anyone ever heard of hedge riding?

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:08 pm

No, I've never heard of this before. Any idea what it involves? when I was a little girl I used to play sitting on the garden gate and pretending I was flying a broom stick. Is hedge riding something similar?!?!

Lavender_Rose

Postby Lavender_Rose » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:09 am

I think it's visiting another conciousness. Like a mediation. I only saw one book on it. I was thinking about buying it, because hedge witch is my chosen path. I have read many books and blogs about hedge path but never saw anything on hedge riding. I kinda think this something this author either made up or once experienced and decide to share her experience, what do you think?

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Interesting....sounds like what I used to do and a pre-teen in Cache Creek, California.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Hedge Riding...hmmmm
You know how sometimes you find yourself somewhere and you don't know...or perhaps its better to say you don't recall getting there. Must have been on the OTHER-SIDE of the HEDGE for a bit. Body was on automatic.
My husband and I were hiking, spent quite a while wandering around the mountainside, found ourselves far from where we had planned to be...we must have been walking on the other side of the hedge, because we don't recall walking to that side of the hillside :lol:

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:27 pm

From what you're describing it sounds a lot like visiting "The Inbetween". You need to be in a pure and open space within yourself to go there.

MamaRobin

Postby MamaRobin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:21 pm

It's the practice of crossing the vail to the other side and back again.
I'm sure that looks different for each person, but that's my understanding.

chloeopal

Postby chloeopal » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:24 pm

In my understanding, 'hedge riding' or 'crossing the hedge' relates to the fact that traditionally in Europe the hedge, or hedgerow, was a boundary between cultivated land and the wilder realms beyond, of forest, woods or bush. A reflection of structural / day to day and imaginal/visionary spaces which can be accessed. Hedge riding sounds like walking the path between as Singingcrowsings said, that Shamanic betwixt place where one is able to bridge ordinary and nonordinary reality. Also the hedgerows were often a rich source of herbs and plants for medicine and magic, a niche where accessible plants grew, so a knowledge of these or 'riding' would be a down to earth version of healing I imagine, peoples medicine. A space between cultivated gardens / agricultural plants and their wild n weedy cousins.

Return to “Spirituality & Sacred Sex”