Yule!

Adoring the goddess in her many forms as well as crystals, spells, sacred tools, shamanism and sacred sex.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
FiFiAralia
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Yule!

Postby FiFiAralia » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:29 pm

How are you going to welcome back in the light?
I work with a group of witches (a coven if you will) and we're planning our ritual for the darkest night! Ideas so far are candle making, wreath making, fire songs, making a yule log, a sun welcoming ritual, and a ritual welcoming the light of our new members into our group. And of course a feast and gift exchange.
what are your plans?

ItalianBee

Re: Yule!

Postby ItalianBee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:33 am

I'm Jewish; Chanukah is our festival of lights, and I believe it is pretty clear that it is connected with the time of year, the winter solstice, even though the story that goes with it is different.

So, I light my candles for the eight nights of the festival, and spend some time when the candles are lit, pondering what I can do this year to keep the light alive - either for me personally or for the world as a whole. It feels very meaningful as well as, often, comforting, because as I get older winter feels darker.

RoseRed

Re: Yule!

Postby RoseRed » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:16 am

I'll be celebrating with my family. We'll feast from Yule to Christmas.

I am so looking forward to the return of the Light this year.

Return to “Spirituality & Sacred Sex”