Yule!

Adoring the goddess in her many forms as well as crystals, spells, sacred tools, shamanism and sacred sex.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
FiFiAralia
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Yule!

Postby FiFiAralia » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:21 pm

How are you going to welcome back in the light?
I work with a group of witches (a coven if you will) and we're planning our ritual for the darkest night! Ideas so far are candle making, wreath making, fire songs, making a yule log, a sun welcoming ritual, and a ritual welcoming the light of our new members into our group. And of course a feast and gift exchange.
what are your plans?

Movlin

Re: Yule!

Postby Movlin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:54 pm

I had a lot happening this season so we were pretty scattered in our holiday expressions! How did your Yule time go? It's sounds lovely.

Kezzie

Postby Kezzie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:28 pm

And Yule is coming fast again! Plans for this year? I live not far south of the arctic circle in Alaska, and we are currently losing about 7 minutes each day, of daylight. At Yule, we will enjoy 3 1/2 hours of light. I love this time of year!

NiklasTyreso

Postby NiklasTyreso » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:49 am

I will put up a sheaf of oats for the birds as mu grandmother always did. It used to be a tradition (in Sweden) but today most people in the towns now have forgotten it. I buy a sheaf from some farmers outside my town. The sheaf of oats represents the bounty of last years harvest and if the birds like it it will pass on the blessings till next year growth.

I use to give some porridge to the gnome/"tomte" on the stair outside my house. It used to be a tradition i my country but my grandmothers parents discontinued that (idolatrous) practice when they became christian believers.

I eat the traditional yule pork (Jul-skinka in Swedish) and drink a beer as most ethnic swedes do. In Valhalla Odin had a pig they eat every night and it was resurrected the next day to be eaten again.
Jul/Yule use to be the only time of the year that I drink alcohol. The beer on Yule/Jul is a ancient tradition in scandinavia so I drink it once a year, as long it do not put me into trouble.
I am a Scandinavian herbalist and a man, in search for more wisdom.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Yule/Winter Solstice has got to be my favorite holy-day. The darkest day holds the most promise of all the other days in the wheel of the year. So EXCITING!!!

Return to “Spirituality & Sacred Sex”