Herbs safe for breastfeeding

Discuss all aspects of the fertile years, birth control, moontime, fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, homebirth, midwifery, breastfeeding, mothering and more.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jenkabee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Herbs safe for breastfeeding

Postby jenkabee » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:49 am

Hello all! I am currently breastfeeding my daughter, who is close to 2 years old. I'd like to drink some of the herbal infusions that Susun recommends, especially the Stinging Nettle, but I hear different things about the safety of consuming herbs while breastfeeding. Thoughts?

Thanks and Green Blessings,
Jenkabee

Lady Alinor

Re: Herbs safe for breastfeeding

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:23 pm

In Susun's book "Herbal for the Childbearing Year" pages 84-86 she lists several herbs that are considered safe.
Raspberry leaf, Nettle, Alfalfa, Red Clover.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Here is an article written by Sheri Winston (The Breast Milk Theory of Love), very good read.
http://www.susunweed.com/herbal_ezine/M ... earing.htm

jenkabee

Postby jenkabee » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Thank you!

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:03 pm

I would add oat straw to the list of wonderful herbs for supporting a nursing mother

AriaBeth

Postby AriaBeth » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Use only reliable brands that have ingredients and concentrations clearly marked on the label, as well as the expiration date and the name of the manufacturer and distributor.

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Or better still, harvest your own.... I find the process of searching for herbs is often as nourishing as the plants themselves

Return to “The Childbearing Year(s)”