Infant/Toddler vaccination concerns

Discuss all aspects of the fertile years, birth control, moontime, fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, homebirth, midwifery, breastfeeding, mothering and more.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
In-the-Ground
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Infant/Toddler vaccination concerns

Postby In-the-Ground » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi y`all! Please share your experiences and any helpful info!
I am not an anti-vaxxer and don`t adhere to the conspiracy theories that are gaining in popularity as of late but I AM having trouble and anxiety about vaccinating my baby and I feel sad to put her through something that doesn`t seem natural while at the same time trying to stay level-headed and give her protection from harmful illnesses...I heard what Susun had to say about vaccination but she didn`t discuss infant vaccination. Also, in reading Juliette de Baracli Levy`s feeling on vaccination, I found that she has an aversion and speaks of them as something "evil" in a way that harms the natural "perfect" state of a child...It feels counter-intuitive to hurt my baby with a needle, even though it is to protect her and prevent future suffering; I feel terrible about it and worry if it`s a traumatic experience...I feel like I am betraying her because I don`t really know for sure...Mostly irrational fears about what is in it, is it really necessary or good for her, why is it required so often in such a young stage, why must it be given with a needle, what if something goes wrong...etc! I am torn between these conflicting views.
Her next vaccination is next month and I try not to think about it too much...do you think there are alternatives?

Lady Alinor

Re: Infant/Toddler vaccination concerns

Postby Lady Alinor » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi In-the-Ground,
Wow, tough decision for sure. My Children are grown now, but I know what you are experiencing and this one thing won't be the only time you will feel as you do right now...worried and confused and wanting what is right...right on many levels. Right with your child, right with yourself and right with the government/Insurance companies/pediatrician/school systems.
Have you seen the Truth About Vaccines movie? or Vaxxed (I have not seen this one)?, in the Truth About Vaccines movie there was a doctor who practices in Portland Oregon, and he is a 'Cautious' vaccinator, he doesn't feel that children need as many vaccines as the pharmaceutical companies and the Alphabet Gang (CDC, FDC, D.C.) say they do. I may have his name in my notes somewhere. Perhaps his office could turn you onto a vac cautious dr.
Uhhh, Dr. Paul Thomas, Portland, Oregon
here is the website for contact information
https://www.integrativepediatricsonline.com/

This is interesting https://jennifermargulis.net/medical-do ... -too-soon/

Allie
Site Admin

Re: Infant/Toddler vaccination concerns

Postby Allie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:09 pm

There are doctors that will work with you to change the schedule of vaccines to something you feel more comfortable with. Check for local vaccine choice groups on facebook, or crunchy mamas, or even home school groups, that sort of thing. You should be able to find some moms who feel the same way and know of Doctors in your area that do as well.
.:*~*:._.:*~*:.
~* Allie *~
Wise Woman Team

Return to “The Childbearing Year(s)”