Chaga while nursing

Discuss all aspects of the fertile years, birth control, moontime, fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, homebirth, midwifery, breastfeeding, mothering and more.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
maiestafreespirit
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chaga while nursing

Postby maiestafreespirit » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Has anyone tried to drink chaga while pregnant or nursing? My husband and I foraged some and want to drink the tea/infusion we have made from it. Any reason I can't also do this? I want the benefits of this fine fungus, also! Thanks.

Movlin

Re: Chaga while nursing

Postby Movlin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:15 pm

I am not sure if there are any adverse effects to a nursing child - I can't find any and it is considered extremely beneficial. This has to be a decision you make, but I would suggest you approach in the self testing manner to be sure your child is not over exposed from the start - in case there is a reaction.

mo

bluebirdmama

Postby bluebirdmama » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:19 pm

I have found research that reishi is safe while pregnant but not sure about chaga. I would avoid it then. But I would try it if the kiddo I was breastfeeding was old enough to drink it too. I mainly drink it in the winter and ebery season when I start back up I do go through a 3-4 day detox. Not a good thing to be doing with a newborn.

marvinuncleherbs

Postby marvinuncleherbs » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:22 pm

If this herbal then its safe.

Return to “The Childbearing Year(s)”